How To Be A Blogger While Maintaining a Full Time Job

1:19 PM




Happy  Monday Everyone!
Today, I want to take advantage of the fact that I am currently on spring break and, write a long-ish post. I promise I wont make it too long, so bare with me. What I want to address today, is the "do-ability" of being a blogger while having a full time job. In my case, not only do I have a full time job, I am also a full time student. I walk out of the door at 7 am and come back at 8 pm. Then, when I'm finally home, I have to make dinner, do homework, and then squeezing an hour of Neflix (don't judge me). So, obviously, there isn't much time left for blogging... especially in the winter when it gets dark at 5 pm. 

So, here are few things that help me balance my busy schedule and blogging.




 Get Some Professional Help 
If it's in your budget, hire a professional photographer. There are a lot of photographers that have blogger packages. Those usually include an hour session with several outfit changes. Plus, you don't need to spend any time editing your own photos, just write your post and you are all set.
(I shoot and edit my own photos, so this is where the bulk of my blogging time spent). 

But what if you can't afford to pay the photographer?

Well, that's when the Instagram husband/friend/mom (or anyone else you can rope in) comes in. You can also try shooting your looks with a tripod. I use tripod for all my photos. I find it most convenient, since I don't need to coordinate with other people's schedules. But I understand that "tripod-ing" in public might not be for everyone, so maybe, use it for the in house shoots. 



 Find The Right Time For The Photoshoot 
Of course, the best time for the photoshoots are the days off. You can shoot multiple looks on the same day if you don't mind changing in the car. (Or you can get one of these pop up tents.) Another good time for the shoot is during a lunch break. It's especially helpful in the winter, since it gets dark early. Shooting on lunch breaks is a great option for the last minute or work friendly looks. I would recommend keeping an accent/statement pieces like jewelry and shoes in the car to pair up with a work friendly looks.




How To Find Time For Photo Editing
Of course, the best time is on your days off. This is when you can really get into editing those photos.. But, "aint nobody  has time for that", right? So, I do a lot of background butch edits while working on homework. When editing is finished, I just pick the once that turned out the best or require the least preset adjustments. I also do a lot of photo editing (or online shopping) while watch TV.







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe