Horses and Hunter Boots: My Ridding Day Essentials

1:14 AM




Happy Monday Everyone!

Welcome to the longest post in my  blogging career. But in my defense, I couldn't not share all the adorable pictures of the horsies. I love horses! Sadly, I don't get to ride them as often as I want because, I can never wake up early enough on the weekends. I usually sleep 'till 12 and I could never justify loading the poor guys in the trailer and dragging them across the city for only for few hours of ridding.




Now, lets talk about my outfit. And whether I actually wore today's outfit to go riding? The answer is yes. Well, almost... I changed my trench coat for a puffy vest, because this girl is always freezing, and trench coats will not keep you warm even in 60F weather. 








So, what are my absolute musts when I go ridding? And I am talking fashion here, and not the "actual" ridding necessities that you pack in saddle bags that let you unleesh your inner Bear Grylls in case of an emergency.



1. JEANS 

A pair of comfortable skinny jeans or jeggings. They have to be stretchy, because remember, you have to get on and off the horse and look like you know what your are doing. To be honest, I have no clue how cowgirls are doing it in those stiff stretchy wrangles. Because, anytime I end up in non-stretchy jeans, getting on and off the horse becomes a mission.








2. Boots

Boots with a heel.  And the heel doesn't have to be big, just tall enough to give you some leverage and stability when you have your foot in the stirrup. Personally, I prefer a pair of rain boots over any other type of boots. Because, lets face it, there will be poop... lots of poop. And that poop will be everywhere you look: the ground, the pan, the trailer. And rain boots are super easy to maintain. Just hose them down at the end of the day, and off you go. I have several pairs of rain boots that are made especially for riding or, at least, they look as if they are. But, I have to warn you before you run and get your favorite Hunters or any other brand (or type) of boots out. There will be significant wear to top of the boot from where the stirrup will chafe against the boot. So, either get yourself a pair of inexpensive rain boots that you don't care about or re-purpose one of your old Hunters.








By the way, as we are on the subject of boots... I have to mention that any boot you wear has to fit snug. So, if you are among the lucky few who's ankle is "rattling" inside the boot, don't wear those boots to go ridding. Because, no one wants to torpedo out of her boots if the horse decides to act out.








You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I've been looking into getting a pair of Hunters for when I go riding in the spring and summer! They're so chic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these tips, I would have no clue what to wear to ride a horse. I like the trenchcoat, especially because it isn't too long. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my hunter wellies. I love the hat color too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips, not only fashion but for riding! I have a pair of Hunter boots and love them. http://www.thedarlingdahlia.com

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe