PDQ Review and Velvet

1:37 AM

 
 
Happy Saturday Everyone! Today I am doing something different and that is combining my two favorite things: food and fashion. Last week I had a pleasure of attending a grand opening of PDQ restaurant in Edmond and I am super exited to tell you all about, but first, lets talk about what I wore.
 






 
So, Oklahoma cooled down enough for me to break out boots and lightweight jackets. And of course the first booties that I pulled out were my velvet pair. I am a huge fan of anything velvet and when I saw these booties, I couldn't resist from buying them.
So, that brings me to the question some of you might be asking yourselves, "what can I do with a pair of velvet booties once I buy em? Well, wear of course! And that's where the problem starts... How can you take what is essentially a night time or a party style shoes and translate them to a day time look? Well, my suggestion is to not treat em as a party shoes, but as a fun or statement piece instead. I don't "believe" in so called party cloths. In my eyes all cloths are created equal. So, when it comes to putting an outfit together I love playing with different textures and fabrics and I always try to incorporate them into my final look as a statement piece. Velvet is one of my favorites because it really makes your outfit pop.

 


 
Now, lets talk about food! As I already mentioned, I was invited to the pre-opening of PDQ in Edmond and got a chance to taste 3 different sandwiches, salads and their famous chicken tenders among other goodies.

So, let start with sandwiches because they are AH-MAZING! To be honest, they had me at brioche bans... so, I didn't even need to try the sandwich to know it will be good... But of course I did and enjoyed every bite.

I tried the "Honey Butter Chicken", "Southern Pimento Crunch" and "Grill Hawaiian Chicken" sandwiches. The Grill Hawaiian was my absolute favorite. It was crunchy, tangy, flavorful, and common, how can you beat a real pineapple on your sandwich? So, two thumbs up from me. The Southern Crunch was also good, but I am not a huge fan of crispy sandwiches, so it gets the #2 spot. Zack, on other hand, loved it more than the Hawaiian. So, depending whether you team Crispy or Grill, you might have different opinions on these sandwiches. It was also a little messy, so watch out for that sauce drop. The Honey Butter is your classic chicken sandwich. And if you anything like my step-dad who is a sandwich minimalist, this sandwich is for you.

 

 
If you are not on a diet or it's you cheat day, make sure to try an "Apple Pie" milkshake. It's really good. I mean, all the shakes were great. Zack had the "Oreo" shake and of course I had some of his  too, and although, it was good, an "Apple Pie" shake hit the spot for me. It really tasted like an apple pie and the cinnamon crunch pieces took it to completely different level of awesomeness. But make sure to drink it fast. Don't let it seat for 20-30 minutes, and then try to drink it. The cereal in the milkshake will get soggy and no one likes soggy cereal...


 
OK! Lets talk chicken Tenders now!
Of course I am going to mention the chicken tenders, since we are talking about a place that is known for them all. The chicken tenders were fantastic, no surprise here, but I think I liked the chicken nuggets more. And I don't know if it's the honey marinade or what, but they would literally explode in your mouth. Btw, I'm also not sure why they are called nuggets, since they look more like the pop corn chicken, but who cares, they taste great.  I got them with zucchini fries and those are Da BOMB!
 
 

One of the things I really liked about PDQ are their homemade sauces! They are always fresh, made out of all natural products and taste ah-mazing! I loved the sweet sirarcha sauce the most! I seriously almost stole few of the containers, but sadly, I had the wrong bag with me and couldn't fit the "contraband" into it without turning the containers on their sides.

 
 

 
You can learn more about the PDQ's story on their website.
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe