Don't be like Margaret (Preppy Style)

2:29 AM










Happy Monday everyone!

The other day I was browsing through my FB and stumbled on one of those personality quizzes were one of the questions asked to select an outfit or the style that would best describe me. After looking at the provided options for good 5 minutes, I realized that I have no style, or better say that my style has a serious case of a multiple personality disorder. And I am sure I am not the only one with the same problem. So, the question is, whether not having a personal style is a problem or not. Well, that depends on how much you are planning to spend on your cloths.

 A specific style serves as a reference point from which you would start building your wardrobe. It also gives you a set of boundaries and a direction you want your look to go. Not having a personal style could be almost as damaging to your wallet as not having a style at all. In both cases, you might end up filling your closet with random, "un-jointed" articles of cloths which will either end up hanging in your closet for all eternity or will require the purchase of more additional items.

So, in the words of that famous meme"...don't be like Margaret". Don't have everything including the "kitchen sink" (in couple different colors) inside your closed.


-M

Outfit Details

Trench: Gil's Clothing (Similar HERE, HERE and HERE) // Shirt: J.CREW (Similar HERE and HERE) // Jeans: Vince (or similar HERE)  // Bag: Tory Burch // Flats: Tory Burch (Or HERE) // Earrings: Loren Hope // Sunglasses: Karen Walker



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I totally agree!! I feel like my style is different things depending on the day! I love your take on preppy here, though :)

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe