Eischen's Chicken Run

8:27 PM









I hope everyone had a great extended weekend!
Today, I am wearing all of my favorites at once. I know, I haven't really worn a lot of embroidered pieces here on the blog, but these peasant style tops are some of my favorite. They are super cute, light and perfect for the southern heat. And when paired with my favorite bag, jeans and wedges, I am ready to take on the world... or  bucket of fried chicken.
So ya, lets talk about some fried chicken.
Zack, my bffs and I decided to venture out to Eischen's to finally try the Oklahoma's best fried chicken place. The drive took us about 25 minutes to get from NW OKC to Eischen (what is not that bad, since it takes me about 35 minutes to get to school from my house).
The bar itself is your typical small town joint with mismatched tables, chairs and worn linoleum tiles. Guests are welcomed to seat themselves anywhere they want.
The food is hardy and overly greasy, as expected in the place known for their deep fried everything.

But before I gave my two cents on the food, let me warn you, that I like my food spicy, raw or grilled and never deep fried, so that probably makes me the worst critic on earth.

So, unsurprisingly, I was a little disappointed with the chicken. The chicken in my opinion was bland or in the words of my man, "clean tasting", and since I like my batter seasoned and salted, the "cleanliness" of the meat was lost on me.
We also ordered fried okra. Boys really liked, I didn't even attempt to try it, since I don't like okra in any shape or form. My best friend, on the other hand, said that it wasn't good and actually felt a little ill on the way back, due to the greasiness. Like me, she also doesn't eat deep-fried food.  

Outfit Details

Jeans: BlancNYC  or HERE // Bag: Chloe (Similar Here and Here) // Sunglasses: Ray-Ban // Shirt: Here, Here, Here // Wedges: In Love with These (also here and here) // Watch: Michael Kors // Earrings: Kendra Scott








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe