Pretty in Pink

9:11 PM








"And on Wednesday, we wear pink..." So, with those words in mind, I decided to channel my inner girly-girl, and go for all pink look today (making Barbie proud).

As you probably noticed, I'm wearing another one of my ThredUP finds. This adorable Kate Spade skirt was only $10! I know, such an epic score! So, make sure to checked them out...Your wallet will thank you later.
 
In my previous post I promised to share how I manage to wear designer and name brand clothing on a budget. And to stay on a budget, I had to alter the way I shop.
 
 
One of my number 1 rules is to never pay a full price for an item. So, I do a lot of my shopping at discount stores like Nordstromrack, Last Call and Factory. These 3 are my absolute favorites. If
you haven't heard of them, I highly recommend dropping everything and checking them out. I promise, you will be hooked.
 
Consignment shopping is a must.
 
There is a bit of misconception when it comes to second hand shopping. A lot of people believe that cloths at consignment stores are nothing more than rags, but that simply isn't true. You wont  believe the sheer number of cloths that are still with tags that they carry. Some of my most epic finds came from one consignment shop or another
 
Here are few of my favorites:
For those who love shopping from the comfort of their own house, ThreadUP is a great source for gently used and even NWT clothing.
Poshmark is the site where you can buy cloths from other members, so all the prices are negotiable. (My username is @shoebug if you want to browse my closet)
1/2 n 1/2 NBC is type of liquidation store where you pay half of half the original price. This is seriously a store where dreams come true. The only problem is that you have to double and triple check every item you buy. Most of the cloths at NBC are damaged or missing something like belts or buttons, so you have to be very careful.
Then, there is a Goodwill. Although, it is a bit of a hit or miss place for me. I am very particular about quality of the items I buy, so finding gems at Goodwill is a bit more challenging.
Last, but not least is Ebay. Honestly, I haven't purchased anything from Ebay in over a year now, but I had some epic scores in the past.
 
Newsletters are your friends.
 
The best way to stay on top of the sales is by signing up to the newsletters. You will be the first one to know when the sales are happening as well as take advantage of some secret sales and special deals.
A lot of designer brands like Kate Spade and Rebecca Minkoff have secret sales that are usually 25% off, combined with previously discounted items, and you have one sweet deal.
Also, when you sign up to the newsletter for the first time, you will receive 15% of your first order. I know it's not much, but again, when combined with sale items, this 15% goes a long way.
 
Rent the Runway.
 
In the past year a lot of different services popped up that allow you to rent designer bags, glasses, jewelry, dresses and etc... Most of them will allow you to try their service for free for one month... Sign up for it! It's an amazing way to way to rock all those pretties, and not spend a dime. (Just make sure you cancel it!) The only "sucky" part is that you need a code to get that free month. I am trying to get my hands on a Chanel bag, so if anyone have a code they want to share, feel free to post in comments.
 
To rent designer sunglasses: Ditto use code Reddirtglitter
To rent jewelry: Rocksbox: use code Reddirtandglitterxoxo 

Outfit Details

Bag: Rebecca Minkoff // Shoes: Nine West // Skirt: Similar here and here
 
 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I really love this!! Those pink shades are gorgeous :)

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe